A nursing home or assisted living facility is sometimes the best option when you or a loved one needs a solid healthcare infrastructure. But with potentially hundreds of facilities near you, the selection process can be a burden. On top of this, many facilities provide bad or insufficient care.
Consider some questions about the medical care of a given facility:
- Are the diagnosis and Plan of Care understood by the family?
- Is the patient responding positively to treatment?
- Are residents and staff comfortable with each other and interacting positively?
- Are staff generally friendly and helpful?
- Are residents dressed and clean, and generally well groomed?
- Are the facilities clean and free of unpleasant odors?
- Do confused residents have a safe place to wander indoors?
- Are residents’ rooms personalized with furniture, pictures, and other things from their past?
- Is the facility comfortable and home-like?
WUK will assess and evaluate your situation, research and analyze available facilities, and provide you with a comprehensive report. Instead of being forced to choose a facility because of the difficulty of finding one that fits your needs and desires, we can help you make a well-informed decision.
We can further assist in the registration process, insurance coverage options and, most importantly, have our medical team review the Plan of Care of your loved one. WUK goes as far as to ensure that Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) are always being rendered to or above your expectations. Our loved ones deserve to live long, healthy, peaceful lives, and there’s reason this should be beyond anyone’s grasp for lack of help or advocacy.
Contact WUK now to discuss your needs with a care manager.