Our attorneys are advocates for the elderly and their loved ones, handling a wide range of legal matters concerning older and disabled people, including issues related to healthcare, long-term care planning, guardianship, retirement, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and other important day-to-day areas.
WUK-affiliated attorneys are also sensitive to the emotional and physical needs of seniors and disabled adults and their families and have masterfully handled a variety of challenging situations.
Among the services provided and areas covered by our team are:
- Pooled income trust and asset protections programs;
- Wills and estate planning, planning for a minor or adult with special needs, and probate proceedings;
- Durable Power of Attorney and Health Proxy;
- Healthcare patient rights;
- Financial representation: financial planning, housing opportunities and planning, and income, estate, and gift tax matters;
- Guardianship: help with the selection and appointment of a legal guardian;
- Locating long term care facilities and managing assisted living costs;
- Nursing home resident rights and filing nursing home claims;
- Family mediation;
- And more.
Contact the WUK team and we’ll be happy to discuss any of your law-related needs.