Basic self care is a necessity. Why shouldn’t it also be convenient and painless?
If you or a loved one finds one or more self-care tasks difficult without help, maybe it’s time to consider reaching out. But what kind of service is best, and how does one find out about such services?
That’s where we come in. The WUK healthcare professionals are here to help you find exactly the kind of help you’re looking for, and guide you step-by-step through the challenging process of seeking the healthcare assistance you need. From the application process, to the Plan of Care (POC), to the day to day care and followup, WUK works for and with you, providing you and your loved ones with safety and peace of mind.
Medicare and Medicaid are complicated, from eligibility, application, and coverage to regulations, recertification, and benefits. However, they can also provide the financial assistance you need to get proper medical care.You shouldn’t have to navigate these important but sometimes frustrating services alone.
Dedicated WUK healthcare service experts are here to help you understand the benefits of Medicare and Medicaid and apply. We can also assist you with various other aspects of the government’s healthcare services, like eligibility planning and the asset protection program. No matter what it is that you need from Medicare and Medicaid, our team is just a call away.
With all of the doctors and specialists in the US, the crucial task of finding the medical professional right for you can seem insurmountable. Not to mention the question of how to get medical appointments and how to know which facilities to turn to in your time of need.
WUK has a comprehensive, industry-leading referral system. We research the top physicians in your field of interest and provide you with options based on important considerations like reputation. We’ll even contact your optimal choice to make an appointment for you.
Home safety is a conscious choice. When an unsafe home can result in fires and various injuries caused by accidents like falling, proofing your home against injury and damage is key to not only staying healthy, but also avoiding the financial and health-related nightmares of emergency rooms and hospital stays.
WUK can inspect your home, assessing living conditions in every room and providing you with a recommendation list. With installments like accessible baths; ramps and wheelchair and stair lifts; grab bars; and medical alert services, your home will be truly be a comfortable getaway from potential injuries, just as you expect it to be.
Eating right and staying fit are important at any age. However, as we get older, our bodies have different needs, so certain nutrients become especially important for good health. A healthy diet packed with vital nutrients can help ward off potential health problems that are common in senior citizens, like constipation, heart problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Nutritious foods also help you maintain a healthy weight and can work wonders for your energy level.
Let us schedule a visit with a Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) to evaluate your condition and design a meal plan that fits your taste. Some home visits can even be covered by your insurance, so there’s even less reason to hesitate. The experts at WUK are glad to discuss the options with you; just share your interest with us. We’re here to help!
We may sometimes think of healthcare as only concerning physical health. However, social, psychological, and behavioral challenges, which can be especially common for those in senior living communities, are important to address as soon as possible and should by no means be ignored.
WUK works with hundreds of behavioral health service providers. Using our vast network, we can find the best provider for you.
Consider these facts:
- As many as one in five older adults experience mental health concerns that are not a normal part of aging.
- Mental health is as important as physical health.
- Healthy older adults can continue to thrive, grow, and enjoy life!
- Mental health problems are a risk for older adults, regardless of history.
- Suicide is a risk among older adults, who have the highest suicide rate in the country.
- Older adults can be helped with the same success as younger people.
- Misdiagnosis and avoidance are common.
- Older adults have unique mental health care needs.
The following symptoms call for consultation with a health care professional:
- Sadness that has lasted longer than two weeks.
- Consistent worries about issues such as money, family, and health.
- Consistent trouble sleeping or concentrating.
- Frequent trouble remembering things or feeling confused in familiar places.
- Have more than one alcoholic drink a day or taking more medication than prescribed.
If you think you or a loved one might benefit from a mental health checkup, contact WUK for behavioral health and counseling resources.
The concept of having a second opinion in medicine is often misunderstood and its value underestimated. The WUK Second Opinion process has saved countless lives and prevented much suffering and hardship.
A “second opinion doctor” has three attributes; he/she must:
- Be a “friend doctor”
- Have a different school of thought (i.e. not work for the same institution)
- Not be aware of the first doctor/opinion
WUK and its affiliates have developed strong relationships with doctors in all sectors of medicine across the United States. These doctors will review your medical chart free of charge and without agenda. A second opinion can be invaluable, whether it corroborates other medical advice or provides an alternative.
If you’ve received medical bills you suspect are a mistake, you may be correct. Studies show that medical bills are often inaccurate, sometimes charging you far more than you owe. According to a 2013 article in Time Magazine, “As many as 8 out of 10 bills for health care services contain errors” (Steven Brill, “Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills are Killing Us”).
If you are unfamiliar with how to handle your medical bills, you may face the risk of dealing with collections agencies, and perhaps even civil prosecution. Bills should never be ignored!
That’s where our team of Health Insurance Claims Resolution Specialists comes in.
Among the services we provide are:
- Review of medical statements and medical bills,
- Analysis of Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance reimbursements guidelines,
- Identification of billing errors and working towards resolution,
- Resolving errors relating to deductibles and co-payments,
- And denial assessment and research and, if appropriate, management of the appeals process.
Scheduling and attending medical appointments can be overwhelming, especially as you need more. To ensure that appointments and followups are set and kept, our care managers are on hand to assist you throughout the process.
Our active involvement in a client’s medical appointment ensures:
- Scheduling all medical appointments are made on time and followed up,
- Transportation is arranged to and from appointments,
- Registration and insurance information are properly communicated to the medical office prior to your arrival,
- Review of medical and clinical areas of concern, the Plan of Care, and treatment plans,
- Your family members are kept up-to-date with full daily/weekly reports,
- Communication with home care services nurses and aides.
Contact a WUK Care Manager now to discuss your needs.
You might not be aware that most US cities provide transportation services for those aged 60 and older to attend senior centers, educational and recreational activities, and essential medical and social service appointments. We help you find a state program that matches your needs.
Many transportation companies are also available to take you to medical appointments and hospitals, senior centers, family, shopping centers, museums, places of worship, and theaters and cultural events. We can schedule a pickup and even facilitate immediate transportation. Emergency transport by air is also available, and you should have access to such an option in the event that it’s necessary.
Contact a WUK Care Manager to review your situation.
Our attorneys are advocates for the elderly and their loved ones, handling a wide range of legal matters concerning older and disabled people, including issues related to healthcare, long-term care planning, guardianship, retirement, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and other important day-to-day areas.
WUK-affiliated attorneys are also sensitive to the emotional and physical needs of seniors and disabled adults and their families and have masterfully handled a variety of challenging situations.
Among the services provided and areas covered by our team are:
- Pooled income trust and asset protections programs;
- Wills and estate planning, planning for a minor or adult with special needs, and probate proceedings;
- Durable Power of Attorney and Health Proxy;
- Healthcare patient rights;
- Financial representation: financial planning, housing opportunities and planning, and income, estate, and gift tax matters;
- Guardianship: help with the selection and appointment of a legal guardian;
- Locating long term care facilities and managing assisted living costs;
- Nursing home resident rights and filing nursing home claims;
- Family mediation;
- And more.
Contact the WUK team and we’ll be happy to discuss any of your law-related needs.
A nursing home or assisted living facility is sometimes the best option when you or a loved one needs a solid healthcare infrastructure. But with potentially hundreds of facilities near you, the selection process can be a burden. On top of this, many facilities provide bad or insufficient care.
Consider some questions about the medical care of a given facility:
- Are the diagnosis and Plan of Care understood by the family?
- Is the patient responding positively to treatment?
- Are residents and staff comfortable with each other and interacting positively?
- Are staff generally friendly and helpful?
- Are residents dressed and clean, and generally well groomed?
- Are the facilities clean and free of unpleasant odors?
- Do confused residents have a safe place to wander indoors?
- Are residents’ rooms personalized with furniture, pictures, and other things from their past?
- Is the facility comfortable and home-like?
WUK will assess and evaluate your situation, research and analyze available facilities, and provide you with a comprehensive report. Instead of being forced to choose a facility because of the difficulty of finding one that fits your needs and desires, we can help you make a well-informed decision.
We can further assist in the registration process, insurance coverage options and, most importantly, have our medical team review the Plan of Care of your loved one. WUK goes as far as to ensure that Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) are always being rendered to or above your expectations. Our loved ones deserve to live long, healthy, peaceful lives, and there’s reason this should be beyond anyone’s grasp for lack of help or advocacy.
Contact WUK now to discuss your needs with a care manager.
Imagine having someone you can trust monitor your loved one’s daily activities.
Welcome to WUK Daily Monitor Service. We become an extension of you in your loved one’s home, monitoring their Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) every day and reporting back to you.
Among the services we provide are:
- Medication and meal intake reports,
- Cleaning, dressing, and bathing activities reports,
- Medical device alerts for fall prevention,
- Live feed security cameras around the house,
- Psychological changes reports,
- Direct communication with aides and nurses,
- Physical activities initiation (outside walk, home physical therapy, etc.),
- Shopping for food and other necessities,
- And various other activities reports (phone calls, daily activities etc.).
Contact a WUK Care Manager for a consultation.
If you or a loved one has fallen victim to illness or injury or has had a chronic health problem that requires rehabilitation, you know how complicated the recovery process can be.
WUK can assist you with:
- Assessment of medical status and issues,
- Review of current and prescribed treatments,
- Cost assessments of services, drugs, and equipment; price negotiation; and long-term cost estimates,
- Facilities research,
- And much more.
From registration to the selection of a therapist, and from insurance coverage to the Plan of Care, WUK is here to get you the information you need to get through the rehab process and to help you through this tough time.
Our WUK Senior Care Pharmacists focus on the special pharmacotherapeutic challenges of the senior citizen and provide 24/7 expert advice on the use of medications.
WUK Pharmacists are committed to providing individualized care by analyzing the complex interrelationships between disease, nutrition, medications, and other variables. They will become essential clinicians on your health care team for all aspects of medication and supplemental therapy.
WUK Senior Care Pharmacists provide:
- Information and recommendations to prescribers and caregivers,
- Review of patient medication regimens,
- Educational programs and presentations,
- And 24/7 medication dispensing and shipping.
With WUK by your side, your pharmaceutical needs are guaranteed to be met. Contact us about getting a WUK Senior Care Pharmacist today.
WUK provides access to a full line of home medical equipment nationwide. Our experts will help you get a prescription and the necessary documents from your medical office and prepare them for insurance pre-approval and claim. With WUK you can get easy access to beds and accessories, wheelchairs, and walkers and canes.
Among our medical equipment services are:
- Obtaining the proper doctor orders and necessary documents,
- Selection of a DME provider,
- Ensuring insurance coverage,
- Delivery and setup,
- Repair in the event of breakage.
Call your WUK Care Manager today to discuss your medical equipment needs.
Retirees often find themselves with too much time on their hands. Studies show that intellectual and physical activity better our health, decreasing our chances of experiencing loneliness, mood swings, and depression as well as keeping us fit.
Since WUK’s founding, we have seen many instances of inactivity slowly causing the atrophy of people’s happiness and propelling our loved ones into a spiral of health degeneration.
To remedy the problem of inactivity, we have created the Every Day a Good Day Program. The program consists of creating individualized activity programs based on life experience, hobbies and likes, and other factors. WUK aims to engage seniors in activities that they will love, at the same time helping them maintain their physical and mental health.
The first step in the enrollment process is to interview the potential enrollee’s family members, followed by the enrollee himself/herself. We then work with geriatric psychologists, social workers, and other professionals to design and create an activity program. Options are presented to family members and, upon agreement, we jumpstart the project and support it to its final stage, making Every Day a Good Day!
Insurance companies can sometimes do more harm than good, costing you far more than you should be paying out of pocket and not giving you the coverage you’re paying for.
That’s why WUK has a dedicated service for dealing with insurance companies to ensure that your insurance is getting you what it should. We help you obtain coverage from, negotiate with, and appeal to your insurance. Our trained team can present a strong case to counter the initial decision of an insurance company. WUK will advocate for you either pre-treatment or post treatment.